Aloha! A question about STDERR...

2001-02-08 01:43:20

I'm fiddling with "SixPack"[1], and have a question about the following
line, which I have tried to customize as follows:

          NSLOOKUP=`nslookup ${REVERSED}.rbl.maps.vix.com 2> /dev/null`

Why does it still send the following to my logs:

        *** malasada.lava.net can't find 30.91.65.64.rbl.maps.vix.com:
Non-existent host/domain

The only conclusion I can draw so far is that somewhere in the code,
perhaps in pipes.c, STDERR and STDOUT are being tied together.
I'd like to suppress the above line(s) to pretty up the output.

BTW, SHELL=/bin/sh, before anyone asks. Any ideas?

Aloha mai Nai`a!

[1] http://www.interlog.com/~waltdnes/spamdunk/sixpack.htm
--
"Please have your Internet License             http://kapu.net/~mjwise/