Re: refusing mail from numeric domains

2001-02-13 22:51:15
Michael J Wise <mjwise(_at_)kapu(_dot_)net> writes:
(I prefer to escape ALL the non-alpha characters, just because)

Unlike perl regexps, escaping a non-alpha character may *add* magic to it.
In particular,
        / < >
all match their own literal value, while
        \/ \< \>
all have special meaning.  The only characters which have special meaning
when unescaped are:

There is no guarantee that the menaing of other escaped characters will
not change in the future.  For example, \{ and \} might one day work
like grep's { and }.  (Maybe I should make the next version of procmail
log such undefined sequences.)

Philip Guenther