Re: ORGMAIL

2001-02-19 20:54:13
Jose Pias <jpias(_at_)mail1(_dot_)certisign(_dot_)pt> writes:
Im running sendmail as MTA and procmail as MDA. I would like to know
how I change the original mailbox from /var/spool/mail/xxx to another
one in procmail, so that when a email arrives it will go to another file.

If you want to change the actual default location for all users, then
you should recompile procmail with the correct location, as controlled
by the #defines at the top of the src/authenticate.c file.  This is
the correct way to change the default because its the _only_ way to
change it early enough in procmail's processing to cover everything.
Changing the value of ORGMAIL and/or DEFAULT in the /etc/procmailrc file
is _not_ sufficient: procmail will have already checked the permissions
and/or created the compiled in location.

(This will be made more flexible in some future version of procmail,
but I don't know how soon that'll be.)

Philip Guenther