RE: I am having a problem....

2001-02-20 12:00:39

Subject: I am having a problem....

Well that's why most people write to the list ;-)

I have procmail running on a Solaris2.7 box (procmail 3.15.1)

[snip]

Everything works fine there.
(This was my test system.)

Main mail server is Redhat 6.0.
Running Sendmail 8.9.3 with procmail  3.13.1

[snip]

This works on the solaris test box but then nothing happens on the Linux
box.

[snip]

Do I need to do something different with Linux or Sendmail compiled with
procmail support?

My first suggestion would be to get the same version of procmail on both
machines

My other thought is the format of the RC file might lend itself to confusion
with the line feeds... i.e. where you have:

I would put

*^Content-type:.*(multipart/mixed|application/octet-stream|text/plain|video/mpeg
)

Also, does turning on VERBOSE=yes shed any light on where the problem might
begin?  i.e. is it seeing the RC file at all, is it seeing the recipe at all, is
something not matching that you think it should.

TjL