Re: Modifying subject

2001-02-20 12:48:45
At the end of my answer to Glen Solsberry, I explained how it might be
possible to combine the two recipes into one with the following:

| :0
| * ^Someheader: \/(perl|python)
| * other possible conditions
| {
|   [exactly as above, with exception noted below]
| }
|
| then replace the two recipes with one, and the hardcoded "Perl" and
| "Python" strings with "$MATCH".

The "exactly as above" referenced the following:

NSUBJ=`formail -x 'Subject:' |sed 's,\(\[Intermediate\)],\1 Perl],'`

So there is one more thing that would need changing. The sed one-liner
would need to be enclosed in double quotes, rather than single quotes,
to get the value of $MATCH rather than the literal string '$MATCH'.

--
 /"\                                                 Don Hammond
 \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN