Re: formail : No such file or direcory

2001-02-26 06:14:37
Hi,

Did that but it does not work. I have given the path and the maildir
variables as desired. Still gives the same error.

procmail: Executing "(formail,-rt,-APrecedence: junk (autoreply),-A,X-Loop:
test
12_vacation, "
(formail: (formail: No such file or directory

Regards
Kiran

----- Original Message -----
From: Rui Luís Pires <rlpires(_at_)telin(_dot_)rug(_dot_)ac(_dot_)be>
To: <kiran(_at_)indiainfoline(_dot_)com>
Cc: <procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de>
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2001 4:47 PM
Subject: Re: formail : No such file or direcory

On 26 Feb, Kiran wrote:
Hi,

I am using Sendmail 8.9.3 on a Redhat 6.1 box. I am trying to use
procmail to setup autoresponders. Everything seems to working but this
is error that I get :

procmail: Executing "(/usr/bin/formail,-rt,-APrecedence: junk
(autoreply),-A,X-L oop: test12_vacation, "
(/usr/bin/formail: (/usr/bin/formail: No such file or directory

The .procmailrc file is listed below.

# Set the proper shell
SHELL=/bin/sh
VERBOSE=yes;
LOGABSTRACT=all;
FORMAIL=/usr/bin/formail
LOGFILE=/home/test12/procmail.log
# Autoresponder section
:0 h c
* !^FROM_DAEMON
* ^Subject:.*info*
* ^TOtest12@
| ($FORMAIL -rt -A"Precedence: junk (autoreply)" \
[rc continues...]

Usually you can just use the basename "formail", it should be in the same
dir as procmail itself (therefore, no need to set and use $FORMAIL).

But there might some other things you are missing in your rc preamble,
namely the PATH and MAILDIR variables.

Here I paste something I took from the procmail manpage.

###
   A sample small $HOME/.procmailrc:
       PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin
       MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail      #you'd better make sure it exists
       DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/mbox   #completely optional
       LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/from   #recommended

       :0:
[...]
###