Re: FAQ question?

2001-02-27 12:45:39
Louis Raphael <raphael(_at_)mathstat(_dot_)yorku(_dot_)ca> writes:
We had a problem involving a nasty interaction between the ">From "
lines that procmail adds and AIX's plain "mail" client... below is a
copy of an e-mail that I sent to the user who complained about the
problem, explaining how I fixed it (he's rather technically inclined).
The latest sendmail on the latest AIX (don't know which causes it, but
it's irrelevant) somehow picks up the UID/GID of the sender (iff the
sender is local)... This somehow gets passed through to procmail which
does local delivery (superior to the native bellmail for a variety of
reasons)... which alludes to the problem in its man page:

This only occurs if the `local' mailer does _not_ have the `S' flag
set in the F= directive.  If the sendmail.cf was generated using the
m4 config file generation routines then this would not have happened:
the local_procmail FEATURE() sets the S flag for you.  (When the local
mailer is procmail, the local mailer should also have the f, h, n,
and P flags, and should _not_ have the r or m flags.)

Philip Guenther