Privileges trouble

2001-02-28 06:33:54
Hi!

Well, i'm using procmail on my computer. After deep troubles with sendmail,
i've decided to upgrade procmail too (onto newest version). But, since that
day, i've got a lot of trouble with local mail delivery.
So, mayby i'll try to describe my problem:

every user have got in his $HOME directory .procmailrc file, witch looks
like that:
PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/sbin:.
MAILDIR=/var/spool/mail
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/`whoami`

after creating new user, privileges are 644 and chown shows newuser users.
When I send a mail to him, it lands in /var/spool/mail/new (there are also
tmp & cur directories) with strange name, like "_iO,dbPn6.host".
After changing privileges to 640 and owner of .procmailrc to root, post goes
directly into mailbox. You know, what shoul I do, to prevent chmod and chown
doing, after creating new user?

Pozdrawiam
Radek Michalski [ radek(_at_)end(_dot_)p-s(_dot_)com(_dot_)pl ]
Klucz PGP : http://end.p-s.com.pl/pgp/pgp.asc (albo .txt)