Re: Cloning and archiving an incoming list

2001-03-17 10:00:54
Mike Harris asked,

| So.. How can I safely copy all of a list into another backup
| folder?
|
| I've got:
|
| :0: c
| * ^List-Id:.*commits
| COMMITS
|
| :0:
| BACKUP-COMMITS
|
| Is this right, or should it be changed to something else?

It's close.

 :0c:
 * ^List-Id:.*commits
 COMMITS

 :0A:
 BACKUP-COMMITS

First, if you want the `c' flag to do its job and tell procmail to use a
copy, you can't put a second colon ahead of it: anything after a second colon
(up to a comment or the end of the line) is the name of a local lockfile (if
procmail can infer a name on its own and you want it to use the name it would
infer, you don't have to supply a name).

Second, you would want only mail that matched the previous recipe to be filed
in BACKUP-COMMITS, not all of your mail!  So the second recipe needs an `A'
flag.