Re: Cloning and archiving an incoming list

2001-03-17 10:32:21
From: "Mike A. Harris" <mharris(_at_)opensourceadvocate(_dot_)org>

How can I safely copy all of a list into another backup
folder?

I've got:

:0: c
* ^List-Id:.*commits
COMMITS

:0:
BACKUP-COMMITS

Not exactly.  The second recipe will copy anything and everything
you get to the backup folder, including the cloned copy of the
list mail.

Before we get into that, though, note that you've misplaced the
colon for the lock on the first recipe.  It should gou after the `c'.

The cloning part was fine.  Now use an `A' flag on the second
recipe to tell it only to go into action if the first recipe
was successful.

From "man procmailrc":

  A    This recipe will not be executed unless the  conditions  on  the  last
       preceding  recipe (on the current block-nesting level) without the `A'
       or `a' flag matched as well.  This allows you to  chain  actions  that
       depend on a common condition.

So:

 :0 c:
 * ^List-Id:.*commits
 COMMITS

    :0 A:
    BACKUP-COMMITS

should work.

--
Netcom has imploded.  Please now use NOTnetcom.com for mail.
Ex-Netcommies:  Mail "forwards" for free forwarding service!