RE: Autoresponder add an attachment

2001-03-30 13:27:33

I agree with those who warn against doing this for various reasons, but I've
always felt that it was up to each person to decide if they want to tempt fate
(as long as you aren't talking about mailbombing someone, etc).

Replace the 'you(_at_)youraccount(_dot_)com' with the email address that will
send the
messages out.

I would re-write it something like this (untested)

REPLYTO=`formail -rtzxTo:`

:0fhic
*   ^TOadrian(_at_)domain\(_dot_)net
* ! ^FROM_DAEMON
* ! ^From:(_dot_)*you(_at_)youraccount\(_dot_)com
* ! ^Subject: AUTOREPLY
| mpack -s "AUTOREPLY" -d adrian.txt adrian.qcp "${REPLYTO}"

Make sure that adrian.txt and adrian.qcp are both in $MAILDIR or else they will
not be found.