need a little procmail advice pls.

2001-04-02 23:47:08
        I am very new to procmail and I am just wondering if the more
experienced
audience can tell me if this is a feasible solution to my problem. I am in
the midst of setting up a dynamic content site and in an effort to easily
allow people to update the database behind the scenes, I would like to
allow users to  E-mail a CSV (comma seperated text file) to a given mail
address. I would like to extract the "from" address to use for security
purposes in a script. I would also like to extract the "subject" field to
use. In addition I would like to extract the attachement from its
mime/uuencoded form and save it as a file where I will use the "subject"
for its name. Lastly have procmail call a script that uses the from field
to authenticate the address to a database and process the attachment that
was saved.

        Does this sound like a feasible idea and if so, can anyone point me to
prerolled recipies that do similar?