User killing my server

2001-04-03 07:20:58

My mail server has been showing a much heavier load than normal for
several days now.  It is averaging 400+ processes and a load average of 50
or more.  One user seems to have a ton of the processes to themself:

ps -ef | grep skeeters | grep procmail | wc -l
    279

What's really odd is there is no .procmailrc file for this user.  The
/etc/procmailrc file and the corresponding recipe files are all properly
owned to root:mail.  There are some procmail processes running as other
users, but not many:

ps -ef | grep procmail | grep -v skeeters | wc -l
      6

Anyone have a clue why this user would show so many processes?  I've
tailed the maillog, but can't see him receiving or sending abnormally high
message blocks.  His mailbox is 31M, which is larger than I'd like, but
certainly not as high as some of my users.  The system is RH 6.1 with
procmail v3.14, if that helps any.