splitting a large mailbox

2001-04-17 06:35:36
I have many large mailboxes (a few thousand messages in each) and I'd like to
be able to split them quickly (one-message-per-file style) for subsequent
searching/processing. I thought to use formail but it turns out that
splitting with formail anf feeding to procmail to do the file writing takes a
*very* long time; much too long to be useful for the searcing/processing step
I want to be able to do. I don't want to turn these into html versions (via
hypermail for instance) just plain text files are fine. Does anyone have
something that'll do this job? As a long time subscriber to this list I
thought there might be something in the archives but, other than a mention of
a program called spmail (a message to the email address for the author has
produced no response) I didn't see what I was looking for.

Richard