Purpose of $# is what?

2001-04-19 15:18:22
I'm trying to understand how procmail uses environment variables. However,
in the man pages there are mentions of several constructs that don't make
sense. The one that has me really stumped is "$#". In the shell it would
mean number of arguments but no matter how many arguments I give procmail
this variable always returns 0.

Looking through the surce code doesn't clear my confusion. Neither Jari
Aalto nor Alan K. Stebbens collections of receipes use this construct. So
just what is it suposed to do?

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!

--

<>< Re: deemed!