Re: Adding Reply-To to list messages

2001-04-23 02:29:19
On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 03:49:13AM -0400, Mike A. Harris wrote:
I would like all incoming mail from a particular list to get a
Reply-To header added to it.  Many lists I am on are doing the
whole "Reply-To munging considered harmful" debate, and I pretty
much don't give a **** what other's opinions are.  ;o)  I want it
so when I hit reply to list mail, by default unless I change it,
my reply goes to the list.  So...

And how do send private, direct replies to list posters after that?

A better solution would be to use a decent MUA that supports a
reply-to-list function (hint: http://www.mutt.org). Pine is obsolete and
non-free software.

When I list-replied to your messages I simply hit the 'L' key and only
the procmail list was included as recipient, I didn't have to edit the
recipient list to prune cc:'s.

As a "linux advocate" you shoudn't be butchering e-mail headers to get
the functionality you need.

--
    ARICIE: Dans quels ravissements, à votre sort liée,
            Du reste des mortels je vivrais oubliée !