Re:Qusetion Regarding SmartList

2001-04-24 23:56:04
Sounds good -- thanx for your input.

...Dave

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Charlie Summers wrote:

At 1:01 PM -0400 4/24/01, dave(_at_)talon(_dot_)nadel(_dot_)com is rumored to
have typed:

I have set up a Smart List group,

   I believe you mean "mailing list." Yahoo! has "groups." Professionals
operate mailing list servers.

and I would like to add:

   Ignoring what a bad idea I think it is to unnecessarily munge a subject
simply to coddle people who haven't figured out how to read their email
clients' manual enough to learn how to easily filter messages on any of a
boatload of truly unique header fields (insert large inhale here), see:

http://www.hartzler.net/smartlist/SmartList-FAQ.html

   There _is_ a list specifically for SmartList, where this sort of question
should go (AFTER you've read the Manual file and FAQ, of course). See:

         Charlie (who if he were on that list would need to write yet
                   another filter to REMOVE the silly subject munge)