Re: Qusetion Regarding SmartList

2001-04-25 01:19:29
On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 02:51:02PM -0400, Charlie Summers wrote:
   Ignoring what a bad idea I think it is to unnecessarily munge a subject
simply to coddle people who haven't figured out how to read their email
clients' manual enough to learn how to easily filter messages on any of a
boatload of truly unique header fields (insert large inhale here), see:

I've been involved in running a number of lists. Without exception after about
three weeks the cries of "Set 'Reply-To:' to the list address!" starts up from
all the Windows users who haven't learned how to use email correctly. I, and
other admin types, have tried to explain why this, as well as things like
adding stuff to the subject, is a bad idea, but all they know is they just
want to be able to click "reply" (rather than find the "reply to all" or
equivelant button) to send mail back to the list.
Luckily Mutt has this nifty "ignore Reply-To:" feature that can be used when
you know a given list is just going to trash it anyway.

--
Andrew Edelstein                http://andrew.pure-chaos.com

John Bender: What do you guys do in your club?
Brian Johnson: In physics we...uh...we talk about physics, properties of
physics.
John Bender: So it's sorta social, demented and sad, but social. Right?
                                The Breakfast Club