Re: One post and the spam begins.....

2001-04-27 23:10:38
On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 06:14:06PM -0600, s. keeling wrote:

I see the same thing; they're definitely data-mining the newsgroups,
and no it doesn't have to bother you.  :-)  Mine get saved to IN.spam,
which I spend a few ours on per week forwarding to their ISP.

<spamcop_advocacy>

Spamcop.net has a good web-based engine for deciphering headers and
finding the best addresses to use when reporting. Also, the spamcop
newsgroups are a haven for devoted, knowledgeable spam fighters.

Even if you think you know where to report something, a reality check
is worth the few seconds it takes to cut 'n paste a message into
Spamcop and let it do its thing. One thing everyone wants to avoid is
hassling network admins with bogus complaints of spam that does not
originate or even pass through their networks.

I give Spamcop a few dollars every once in awhile, not only to support
it, but also to get a 'spamcop.net' mailbox, and that's what I use on
Usenet. As you can see, I'm a believer.

</spamcop_advocacy>

--
Bob Bernstein | Public Key:      http://www.ruptured-duck.com/GnuPG.html