Re: Maildir + procmail

2001-05-10 11:35:53
procmail: Extraneous locallockfile ignored
/usr/local/bin/bash: /home/insane/Maildir/.junkmail/: Is a directory
From newmachine1(_at_)mymail(_dot_)com(_dot_)br Mon May 7 02:25:56 2001
SUBJECT: Get Your Own .COM ! for FREE!

Couple of problems: You specified that procmail should use a lockfile (by
putting a trailing colon on the lines that start with ":0") in a couple
places where you don't need lockfiles. As someone else has already mentioned,
you don't need a lockfile when delivering to a maildir. You also don't need a
lockfile when the action is a "{". That's the one that's causing "Extranenous
lockfile" warning. The other problem is that your recipe is using the shell
to redirect the standard output from formail to $MAILDIR/junkmail, but
$MAILDIR/junkmail is a directory, not a file, so that won't work. The
solution is to change the receipe to a filter and then use another receipe to
deliver the message to the maildir. Also, your "if-then-else" construct is
inefficent because you're calling formail in both the "then" and the "else"
parts, so I would suggest simplifying that.

In conclusion, change the recipe from this:

:0 :
* JFEXP ?? .
{
        :0 f
        * JFSTATUS ?? 1
        | formail -i "X-junkfilter: $JFVERSION" -i "X-Spammer: $JFEXP"

        :0 E :
        | formail -i "X-junkfilter: $JFVERSION" -i "X-Spammer: $JFEXP" \
        >> $MAILDIR/junkmail
}

to this:

:0
* JFEXP ?? .
{
        :0 fwh
        | formail -i "X-junkfilter: $JFVERSION" -i "X-Spammer: $JFEXP"

        :0
        * ! JFSTATUS ?? 1
        junkmail/
}