sigh, and double oops

2001-06-07 20:59:49
Well, that was a waste of time.  Kuszaj screwed up his procmail recipes and
managd to bounce his copy of my correction of my earlier advice for him with
a "you dirty spammer" autoreply to me, so he never saw it.  Probably everyone
else who has posted to this list has gotten one of his nastygrams.

So he won't get any benefit from my attempt to help him [perhaps someone else
here will and it won't have been a total waste] and frankly, I feel that any-
one who uses procmail to autoreply that mail is spam doesn't deserve help.
It's all right to use it to shunt mail that seems to be spam out of the way
of other mail; it's all right to use it to delete mail that reeks of spam-
mishness [just don't be too aggressive, because all automated methods have
false positives]; but autoreplying to mail that might be spam is guaranteed
to do the wrong thing almost every time.