formail flags problem in pm recipe - solved!

2001-06-16 10:33:26
Ok, I think I got it this time!

This is what I have for my recipe in /etc/procmailrc:

:0 Bfh
* H ?? !^Lines:
*  1^1 ^.*$
| /usr/bin/formail -f -A "Lines: $="

The key was the -f flag in the formail call.

The -f flag tells formail to just pass the message through
without changing the mailbox format.  This is what deliver is
expecting.

I was getting the wrong number of lines once I got these flags right,
but I finally figured that out too.  I just removed the second line:
* -1^0
I don't know what it was intended to do, but it made the score at the
end short by 1.  So I would get a message with a header saying the
message had 56 lines, but mutt would read it and say there were 57.  I
think this is because there is a trailing newline at the end of the
message for some reason.  Not sure how to get rid of that just yet.
Any ideas on that would be welcome, but I won't worry about it too
much.

Thanks to all who helped with this!

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc
leblanc(_at_)acadia(_dot_)ne(_dot_)mediaone(_dot_)net