Altering the body of an email

2001-06-16 11:01:37
Hi,

I've been scouring the web and man pages for help on this one, but am
stuck - hoping someone can help me...

I'm writing a simple rule that warns users of dangerous attachments. I have
scripts for virus emails working based on subject and body - that's not a
problem. However, I'm writing a little add-on that should add the text:
  "Warning - attachment is executable and may contain a virus"

Using:
  :0 fhw
  | cat - ; echo "Warning - attachment is executable and may contain a
virus"

works on all emails, except those with attachments, so my idea of trying:
  :0
  * Content-Type:.*name=".*\.(vbs|vba|exe|wsh)"
  {
    :0 fhw
    | cat - ; echo "Warning - attachment is executable and may contain a
virus"
  }

isn't even worth testing, because the line will simply not be added after
the headers.

If anyone has any ideas where I'm going wrong, I'd really appreciate the
help :-)

Many thanks,

Ben