Re: Trying to run procmail with Cyrus imapd and sendmail

2001-06-16 11:33:45
Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+procmail(_at_)acadia(_dot_)ne(_dot_)mediaone(_dot_)net>
writes:
You are correct.  I thought I was paying attention when I wasn't
again.  Sorry.  I think the problem is in the mailbox format (this
technical problem anyway - my problem I can still blame on the Vicodin
and Percoset I'm taking for a torn muscle %-).

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "the problem is in the mailbox
format".

For some reason, formail is putting out a format that Cyrus dislikes.
I am pretty sure I'm not using Maildir, so this may be why I can't get
it to work.  I tried using the -Y flag on the formail call, but no
good.

Hmm, I wouldn't be surprised if Cyrus didn't like the "From " line that
formail added.  Try adding the -f flag to the formail command line so
that it doesn't add such a line.  You should also put the 'w' flag on
the recipe so that if formail fails for some reason (I'm not expecting
it to, but...), you don't end up with a truncated message:

        :0 Bfhw
        * H ?? !^Lines:
        * -1^0
        *  1^1 ^.*$
        | formail -f -A "Lines: $="

BTW, I am assuming Maildir is a mailbox format?  As in mbox, etc?  No
need to continue in ignorance if I am wrong.  Unfortunately, I haven't
been able to find any info on using formail with Cyrus, nor any info
on acceptable mailbox formats for Cyrus.

Cyrus has its own format and you cannot change it without rewriting much
of the source.  This is a feature as Cyrus's format was designed for the
'Black Box' situation.  As such it uses assumptions and makes promises
that are unavailible to and from other formats.

Philip Guenther
Procmail Maintainer