Re: Mutt can't see procmailed mail

2001-06-16 19:07:17
Keith Robinson wrote:
result: fetchmail fetches and hands to procmail. procmail seems to
process and place the new mail in the appropriate file. But Mutt does
not see or show the new mail. Instead Mutt gives me the following:

Mailbox was externally modified.  Flags may be wrong.
[...]
..muttrc has:

set folder=~/Mail
set spoolfile=/var/spool/mail/keith \
set mbox=+Read
set mbox_type=mbox
set postponed=+Unsent
set copy=yes
set record=+Sent
set dotlock_program=/usr/bin/mutt_dotlock
mailboxes /home/keith/Mail/Inbox
mailboxes /var/spool/mail/keith

This problem you're experiencing surely looks more like a Mutt
problem than a Procmail issue, assuming that Procmail is, in
fact, delivering properly.

However,...  why is there a backslash ("\") on your $spoolfile
definition line? That's a line continuation element.  What
follows ~should~ cause some sort of syntax error in the ~/.muttrc
when you start Mutt, depending upon what follows it.

Also, have you verified the location of mutt_dotlock?  I am using
Mutt 1.2.5i, and the manual discusses the $dotlock_program
variable, yet my Mutt seems to not recognize it.  (Perhaps that's
due to ./configure options...)  Anyway, the locking scheme would
seem to be a significant part of the problem.  Perhaps that's
where you should concentrate your investigation.

Good luck!

        -- Mr. Wade

--
Linux: The Choice of the GNU Generation