Re: Mutt can't see procmailed mail

2001-06-16 22:53:29

--- "Mr. Wade" <mr(_dot_)wade(_at_)mostproper(_dot_)com> wrote:
Keith Robinson wrote:

Mailbox was externally modified.  Flags may be wrong.
[...]
..muttrc has:

set folder=~/Mail
set spoolfile=/var/spool/mail/keith \
This problem you're experiencing surely looks more like a Mutt
problem than a Procmail issue, assuming that Procmail is, in
fact, delivering properly.

However,...  why is there a backslash ("\") on your $spoolfile
definition line? That's a line continuation element.  What
follows ~should~ cause some sort of syntax error in the
~/.muttrc
when you start Mutt, depending upon what follows it.

i wish it were so simple. The backslash appears to be a typo in my
post to this list. it is not in my .muttrc.

Procmail seems to be delivering properly, yes. But i notice that the
messages it delivers do not start with "From ". Could this be why
Mutt does not see them?

Also, have you verified the location of mutt_dotlock?  I am
using
Mutt 1.2.5i, and the manual discusses the $dotlock_program
variable, yet my Mutt seems to not recognize it.  (Perhaps
that's
due to ./configure options...)  Anyway, the locking scheme would
seem to be a significant part of the problem.  Perhaps that's
where you should concentrate your investigation.

my mutt_dotlock executable is in /usr/bin

thanks for your reply. i figured my set-up was pretty standard --
that lots of folk use procmail/Mutt. it is being very stubborn.

Good luck!

thanks,

--
Keith