Re: list of bin

2001-06-17 22:29:45
On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 03:24:17PM -0700, Kayven Riese wrote:
A better way to tell if procmail is installed is
a) Use find ( find / -name procmail )

tried that.. the freek went quazzy.. it looked like it was
doing everybody in the @*#&#@ system.. scrolled on and on..

Which is exactly what it's doing. However as a normal user you can't read
many directories, such as other user's homes or lost-found directories. Change
the above to "find / -name procmail 2>/dev/null" to get rid of the error
messages, then go to lunch. It's gonna take a while on a large system.

currently i still have to try a new idea:  having no .forward
file.. i met a guy who is a chess player like me at the big
midwest chess tournament last week who i think handles his
chess automail like i want to do and is on the same site
FICS.. he says his procmail doesn't require ANY .forward file..

IF he's on the same site and IF his mail goes through the same mail servers,
etc, this may be true. IF your site uses sendmail as the MTA, AND it works as
your friend says, you should be able to find procmail by doing "grep procmail
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf" (might be /etc/sendmail.cf). I'm pretty sure someone
has already made that suggestion to you before. However all bets are off if
your site uses some other MTA (qmail, exim, postfix, etc), as their
configuration files are very different.