Re: Mailboxes marked as new

2001-06-23 12:46:41
Robert Hough <rch(_at_)solveinteractive(_dot_)com> writes:
Not sure if this is a Procmail problem, Mutt, or possibly NFS. Here's
the situation, maybe someone has experienced the same:

My home directory is mounted via NFS, and this is where all of my
incoming mail gets stored. Mutt, I run from the local machine. From time
to time, a folder will get marked as having "N"ew mail, when in reality
it does not. The only way I've found to stop this behavior is to 'touch'
the file, and then all is well.

Tell us more about the nature of the folders that this occurs on.
It sounds like they're mbox-style folder (one file containing all the
messages).  Does it only happen on folders that are empty, folders that
contain messages, or does it happen to both empty and non-empty folders?
Do you set "save_empty" in your muttrc and if so, what do you set it to?

Philip Guenther