Re: Mailboxes marked as new

2001-06-23 15:32:52
On Sat, Jun 23, 2001, Philip Guenther wrote:

Tell us more about the nature of the folders that this occurs on.

Sorry about that, should have known better. :) I was using mbox mail
folders, over NFS.

Does it only happen on folders that are empty, folders that
contain messages, or does it happen to both empty and non-empty folders?

I would have to vote for folders that contained messages, as I don't
have any that are empty. It appeared to me as if it only happened while
accessing a folder, and new mail came in during the "read" phase.

Do you set "save_empty" in your muttrc and if so, what do you set it to?

No, don't have this set at all. However, it appears that problem as been
corrected so far. I haven't had the "fix" in place to really tell.

Igor Pruchanskiy suggested I try maildir, so I did. So far, I haven't
had any problems with it. Performance is not exactly the best, it will
actually allow much more flexibility in the long run for various things
I've been wanting to do.

Just curious though, is there an easy fix for this, while using mbox
style folders?

--
Robert Hough (rch(_at_)solveinteractive(_dot_)com)