Re: Change Default Del. Dir.

2001-06-26 12:39:33
Jeff Baldwin <jeff_baldwin(_at_)unc(_dot_)edu> writes:
I'm new to this list so I apologize if I am posting in the wrong forum.
Anyhow, I am running a SendMail server with Procmail running as the
LDA.  Is there a way to change the dir. that procmail delivers mail to?
In other words how do I change the mail dir. from /var/spool/mail/$user
to /home/$user/mail??

Does this require recompiling?  If so what is the necessary switch that
I need to provide when doing so??

Yes, it requires recompiling.  The current situation is slightly confusing
as to which while you should edit, but the most strightforward method
is to edit the src/authenticate.c file and look for the line:

/*#define MAILSPOOLHOME "/.mail"                      /* watch the leading / */

Change that to

#define MAILSPOOLHOME "/mail"

This is under the assumption that /home/$user is $user's home directory.

Philip Guenther