Re: Procmail version 3.21 released

2001-07-03 02:32:25
* Philip Guenther <guenther(_at_)sendmail(_dot_)com> [010630 00:20]:

In a demonstration of the low turn-around time on bug reports that
is possible with Open Source software, I have released procmail
version 3.21.

This release is being made to fix a portability problem that caused
INCLUDERC to not work properly on many systems.  The symptom is
that procmail would treat INCLUDERC the same as SWITCHRC, such that
the first time procmail comes to the end of an rcfile, it would
give on all the rcfiles and perform the implicit delivery to $DEFAULT

Procmail can be obtained at the URLs:
      http://www.procmail.org/procmail-3.21.tar.gz
      ftp://ftp.procmail.org/pub/procmail/procmail-3.21.tar.gz

I'd like to test out the latest version.  However, I have a problem.  I
don't have root access to the machine where I get my mail and the
sysadmin won't upgrade.  Also, the .forward file doesn't work.  So I'm
thinking my only other option is to invoke procmail 3.21 from the
.procmailrc file.  Does that make sense?

Would something like this work?  I'm not sure how others beta test
procmail.

%> cat .procmailrc
# pipe all mail through latest version
LATEST=/path/to/procmail-3.21/procmail
:0

--
io sprache Landonese
  -- Landon Bradshaw, landonizer.phpbitch.net