etc/procmail configuration question

2001-07-04 23:51:06
I have an email server that I have been testing the procmail filter by
SPAMBOUNCER
(www.spambouncer.com) and it is working awesome. Has not incorrectly
detected
a spam message yet for me.

I have implemented this on a per user basis however the organization I am
setting this
up for wants it to apply to the entire mail server instead of on a per user
basis.

Can you apply procmail filters system wide by setting up the rules in
/etc/procmailrc?

If so what do you need to specify in this file for it to work? Do you setup
mail dir?
Home dir? etc..? We are running Redhat 7.x with Sendmail 8.11 and using
IMAP/POP3 for retrieval. All inboxes are in /var/spool/mail  and we want it
to filter the messages and drop what we dertmine as spam. Place in a folder
for the admin to review other messages detected as questionable and pass
all other mail to the users mailbox.

Can someone point me in the right direction or give me a quick lesson in
using /etc/procmailrc as opposed to user by user .procmailrc settings

Thanks
Jim