Re: Procmail Mail Delivery Path

2001-07-04 23:56:30
Could someone just setup a symbolic link from the old directory to a new
directory on usr/spool/mail?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mr. Wade" <mr(_dot_)wade(_at_)mostproper(_dot_)com>
To: <procmail-users(_at_)procmail(_dot_)org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2001 1:38 PM
Subject: Re: Procmail Mail Delivery Path

Stephanie Gesler <sgesler(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:
I have been trying to figure out a way to change my
procmail delivery path from /var/spool/mail to
/usr/spool/mail .. I have read through a lot of
information and see most of it is explaining how to
change the path the the users home directories.

Currently I am running Procmail V3.14 with sendmail
V8.11.0 on Redhat 7.

I am running out of space - The partition where var is
located is very small!!

Can anyone help?
Thanks -
Stephanie

Stephanie:

Generally, $ORGMAIL should point to your system mailbox.  The default
value for this is /var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME   If your system mailboxes are
in a different location, then setting this variable will help to fix your
problem.  Check to be sure that $LOGNAME is correctly set in your
environment, then if you have the following in your your ~/.procmailrc
file, it might do what you want:

        ORGMAIL=/usr/spool/mail/$LOGNAME

The value of the $DEFAULT variable is tbe default mailbox file to which
Procmail delivers.  It defaults to the value of the $ORGMAIL variable, so
setting $ORGMAIL should fix the problem, assuming that your system
mailboxes are in fact in a different location.

Good luck!

        -- Mr. Wade

--
Linux: The Choice of the GNU Generation