Changing Permissions of /var/spool/mail/username

2001-07-05 00:31:28
Hello,

I'm using procmail in combination with sendmail.
IMHO, procmail sets the permissions of the file /var/spool/mail/username.
The permissions of those filenames are 600, owned by username.
I would like procmail to set this to 660 and one specific group (ie.
mail), so that every mail file is readable and writeable by the mail
group.
Where, and on what base does procmail decide what permissions the
/var/spool/mail/username should have? I noticed some differences between
different distributions, ie. on a RedHat dist I already found some 660
permissions ...

Thanks!