Re: Changing Permissions of /var/spool/mail/username

2001-07-06 08:29:48
On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Philip Guenther wrote:

Procmail only leaves the permissions as 660 if it thinks it has to.
In particular, either procmail can't be running as the owner of the spool
directory and the spool directory has its setgid bit set, or the spool
directory is not world writable.  Furthermore, procmail must be setgid
to the group of the spool directory.

My spool directory is world writeable, but i hasn't have its setgid bit
set. Procmail has is setgid to the group of my spool directory.
I'll try to set the setgid bit of the directory and I let you know the
result !

I _think_ that's sufficient.  Why do you want to do this?

I want to implement webmail, but I don't want to run the cgi as root. I
just want the cgi have enough permissions to read and write from the spool
directory.

Thanks!

Regards,
Eric