Re: FYI, getting rid of that digest loop

2001-07-19 14:33:13
* David W. Tamkin <dattier(_at_)ripco(_dot_)com> [010717 14:43]:
Stan wrote,

R> For the benefit of those new to this list and struggling with it,

R> :0
R> * ^From procmail-admin@
R> * ^Subject: Re: procmail digest,
R> * ^From: dmdoyle(_at_)lucent\(_dot_)com
R> * > 10000
R> /dev/null

You're too soft-hearted, Stan, to include the first, second, and fourth
conditions there.  The third one alone was enough for me, as apparently it
is for Sean, who wrote:

S> My solution was to killfile dmdoyle(_at_)lucent(_dot_)com(_dot_)  I won't
see any of the
S> further digests forwarded by him, and I'll be ready for the next time he
S> screws up.

R> (I used the size test just in case a "real" message is sent by the
R> offender with this subject.)

The probability that a message from Doyle to this list with such a subject,
or with any other subject for that matter, will be a real post is
infinitesimal.  I'm willing to forgo seeing any mail from Doyle, through
this list or not, regardless of subject or size.

Ah yes, this discussion reminds me of my first mail loop recipe
disaster.  A coworker gave me a perl script to add to my .procmailrc.
"It will automatically detect and report spammers," he said.  I came
back from lunch to find that I had sent over 7000 messages to
mailabuse.org and got my company blacklisted.  But we can all laugh
about that now, right??  ;-)

--
- Matt Dunford <> zoot(_at_)zotikos(_dot_)com ..
-. www.zotikos.com -- o,;-

But be not afraid of greatness; some men are born great, some achieve
greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
  -- William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night