detecting faked "From"

2001-07-19 16:23:10
For security reasons, I want to limit an auto-responder
to queries from local users only (i.e. users local to my subnet).

Knowing that anyone could fake their email address
faking e.g. dave(_at_)geol(_dot_)ucsb(_dot_)edu, I want to use procmail
to determine the real source address of where their email
originated from.

However, grepping the ^Received: headers of my inbox,
it doesn't look like there's really a regexp that
could be used even if e.g. formail could be of use
for this.

If the incoming mail is from geol.ucsb.edu,
I want the auto-responder to respond
otherwise ignore the request.

Thanks for any help.

Dave

--
"Speak the truth at all times.  When necessary, use words."