Re: Auto-send (NOT reply/forward) an email with procmail

2001-07-20 10:25:07
At 04:03 2001-07-20 -0700, Andrew Edelstein did say:

>          * ^Email:[      ]*\/[^  ].*

This assumes there will be whitespace between the colon and the email address.

This assumes that there MAY be a whitespace - it isn't REQUIRED. * means zero or more.

> AUTOREPLY=$home/.procmailrc/texts

Not a good idea. ~/.procmailrc should be a file, not a directory.

Ya, I meant .procmail

Indeed. The -rt is unneccesary, since we're not generating a reply back to
the sender here,

I realize that, but the syntax allows for retaining the X-Loop which was set earlier (yes, it could be re-set too). It also consumes the piped message which avoids write errors (which by use of a flag on the recipe would be ignored).

 and x requires an argument (The header field to extract).

Doh, I quickly yanked this from another rule - yes, that should be omitted.