Auto-send (NOT reply/forward) an email with procmail

2001-07-19 22:44:35
Hi,

   I'm new to procmail, so I'm still trying to get used to it...  I've been
reading up on it for the past couple of days, and can't quite seem to figure
out how to do what I want...  Here's what I'm trying to figure out how to do:

mail comes in to my account, with a line in the body that looks like this
(there's other info too, but that's the pertinent line):

Email:foo(_at_)bar(_dot_)net

What I need to do is the following:
1) Forward the email I receive to another person (I know how to do that)
2) Extract the email address from the email I get and send a pre-composed email
to that person (no clue how to do this)
3) And, if I'm lucky, it'd be nice to send an email to a listserv I maintain
(on LetterRip for the Mac) that looks like it's coming from that person, so I
can add them to a mailing list.  That's not absolutely necessary though.

Please help me!!!  I can't seem to get this!!  It's that second step that's
giving me loads of trouble.  The sender of the email address is not the person
I want to send an automatic email to... It's the address listed in the email,
so I can't very well auto-reply...  If I could forward to the person listed in
the email I get and change the body and subject to what I want, that'd work
too, I guess...  But is there a way to make a new message in procmail??  That's
what I REALLY want to do.  Thank you in advance!

     --Michael--

-------
Office for Mathematics, Science, and Technology
MSTE TechTeam live mIRC chat (daytime):
 http://www.mste.uiuc.edu/techteam/chat.html
MSNMessenger: mstecontact(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com