testing & regexp nonmatch

2001-07-23 12:23:10

2 quick questions:

1) I've been testing procmail on a file which I received which
isn't being placed in the proper mailbox in the following way:

% procmail < mail_file

and thought it worked this morning on another file I tested.
Now when I do this the file ends up in my spool mailbox appended
to the last message in this file.

2) Now for the regexp itself which doesn't match:

This is in the e-mail:
To: "'accu-general(_at_)accu(_dot_)org'" <accu-general(_at_)accu(_dot_)org>

This is the 1st regexp in .procmailrc I tried:
:0:
* ^TO_.*(<)?accu-general(_at_)acc(_dot_)org(>)?
${HOME}/Mail/accu/.

Okay so it's probably matching on the 1st address so this
is the 2nd regexp I tried:
:0:
* ^TO_(_dot_)*accu-general(_at_)acc(_dot_)org(_dot_)*
${HOME}/Mail/accu/.

My procmail log file has verbose turned on and all it says is
that there is no match on the expression.  Question: it matches
the 1st address why won't '.*' match the rest of the line?

Chris

PS the offending file from the accu mailing list is attached.

--
   "When you get old, you don't regret the things you have done, you
   regret the things you haven't done".