why does this recipe fail?

2001-07-26 08:49:54
I'm trying to use procmail to filter out messages from some Microsoft Outlook worm, which sends me a dozen or two per day. It's not working, and I can't see why. The recipe looks like this (with the first "o" in each line changed to an "@" to get past the mailing list virus-blocker):

:0 HBD
* Hi! H(_at_)w are you?
* I send y(_at_)u this file in order to have your advice
* See y(_at_)u later. Thanks
/dev/null

Now, the message I'm trying to filter really does have all of those lines. In fact, here it is (minus the headers):

<x-charset ISO-8859-1>Hi! H(_at_)w are you?

I send y(_at_)u this file in order to have your advice

See y(_at_)u later. Thanks

</x-charset>

When I put such a message in a little test.mbox of its own, and test it with procmail -m, it works fine. But when I actually received it, it wasn't filtered; my log file contains:

procmail: [21746] Thu Jul 26 07:26:33 2001
procmail: Match on "X-Mailer: Micr(_at_)soft Outlook *"
procmail: Match on "Hi! H(_at_)w are you?"
procmail: Match on "I send y(_at_)u this file in order to have your advice"
procmail: No match on "See y(_at_)u later. Thanks"

Why is this? The string it claims doesn't match is right there in the message, below the line which it agrees does match. Any clue what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
- Joe
|    Joseph J. Strout         Check out the Mac Web Directory:     |
|    joe(_at_)strout(_dot_)net           http://www.macwebdir.com/            |