Re: why does this recipe fail?

2001-07-26 08:58:31
On 26 Jul, Joseph J. Strout wrote:
| [...]
| When I put such a message in a little test.mbox of its own, and test
| it with procmail -m, it works fine.  But when I actually received it,
| it wasn't filtered; my log file contains:
|
| procmail: [21746] Thu Jul 26 07:26:33 2001
| procmail: Match on "X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook *"
| procmail: Match on "Hi! How are you?"
| procmail: Match on "I send you this file in order to have your advice"
| procmail: No match on "See you later. Thanks"
|
| Why is this?  The string it claims doesn't match is right there in
| the message, below the line which it agrees does match.  Any clue?

*might* help.

Technically you should escape the ? like \? since it's special in
regular expressions, although in practice it's not likely to matter here
and definitely is not the cause of your problem. For some reason I
thought the ! should be escaped too, but it looks like it's ok without
it.

--
                   /"\
Don Hammond        \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign