Re: NNTP????

2001-07-29 10:09:30
Hello all,

Can I use PROCMAIL to filter news groups??? If so where would I want to
look for more info.

In theory, yes.  The message format is essentially the same, so
procmail can be used to filter messages received via NNTP.

The sticking point is whether you're trying to do this on the client
side, the server side, and whether or not whatever software you're
using supports it.

For example, I do 'newsclipping' out of my INN server with no
extra patches, PERL hooks, or whatever with procmail and some unique
~news/etc/newsfeeds entries.  However, filtering (assuming that you don't
want to allow messages to go through that match certain conditions)
is a little more complicated.  Right now you'd probably have to call
procmail from within perl.

I don't even know where to begin with other server software.

Chris (who didn't really help much)