Re: is procmail working?

2001-07-29 09:09:01

mailbox being differnt from my $HOME ?  could that be why i can't
make anything to work?

see the deally with my sitch is this:  i may be the SOLE person
on this grand 60TERAbyte mail server who wants to be using procmail.

Kayven, UCSF, being primarily a medical school, might conceivably have a
database or two in the terabyte range. I rather doubt they are throwing 60TB
at their mail server.

well.. why is it then when i did a df and counted up all the stuf it
was 60 Ter?  and when i was talking to the guy he said this was just
the mail server?  okay whatever nevermind. i don't know what all those
discks were for.

All the mail servers throughout the University of
California system probably don't come to a full ter.

well this *&#@& mail list (bless its soul) gave little ole me
6Mbytes in 3 months.. that's just me one of 7000 at UCSF.
okay fine. that is only 42Gbytes.  i don't know what the 60Ter
was.. sorry for being ot but it WAS there.  actually.. it is
conceivable that the mail server transmitts a lot of hi
res graphics for some reason (since this mere 6Mbytes was only
text) and COULD require 60Ter?  okay i don't know whatever.
ot sorry.

I doubt even AOL throws
THAT much at their mail services. Let's leave the hyperbole
to discussions of
politics and religion (read: not on this list.)

the 60Ter is there.. it isn't hyperbole.  i got that info from
this very command line i use to run pine.  i don't know what it is.
i wasn't sure if it might be relevant or not.  sorry for being
ignorant.

i think that is what the admin meant.  i want to improve my skillset
that is why i am adamantly clinging to the multimegabytes of spam
this mailing lists pounds on me day by day.

Spam is defined as unsolicted commercial email. This list hardly qualifies. If
you truely believe this list to be spam, unsubscribe. Let's see you stop your
other sources of spam so easily.

some people r calling it spam when other people are having problems
or post too often. they want to filter messags from THIS list
 i have read such messages amount the 1400 i have
saved in the last 3 months.. sorry for being consternated but i have
been dealing with CS stuff for nearly 15 years now and whatever time and
time agin people dont seem to give u a *#&@*# straight answer.

[andrew(_at_)ember andrew]$ ls -lh mail/lists/procmail
-rw-------    1 andrew   other        4.5M Jul 28 21:35 mail/lists/procmail

That dates back well over a month. Again, see previous reference
to hyperbole.

this ISN"T hyperobole.. i was talking 40% more than that for
THREE months.

v3.15.. hmm... its v3.21 that is current, right?  i suppose i should
return to my struggle with trying to install that myself on my $HOME
so i don't  have to bother the admins?

3.21 or 3.15.2, depending which branch you wish to track, yes.