Re: is procmail working?

2001-07-30 21:55:21
On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 09:01:02AM -0700, Kayven Riese wrote:
well.. why is it then when i did a df and counted up all the stuf it
was 60 Ter?

Mathematical error? 60TB would be 65970697666560 bytes.

been dealing with CS stuff for nearly 15 years now and whatever time and
time agin people dont seem to give u a *#&@*# straight answer.

Those two statements together speak volumns.

[andrew(_at_)ember andrew]$ ls -lh mail/lists/procmail
-rw-------    1 andrew   other        4.5M Jul 28 21:35 mail/lists/procmail

That dates back well over a month. Again, see previous reference to
hyperbole.

this ISN"T hyperobole.. i was talking 40% more than that for
THREE months.

Let's see, the first message in that folder is dated June 5. Call that two
months than. 4.5M in two months. Your mailbox is 40% larger and represents 3
months. Sounds about right to me. As I said, that hardly qualifies as
"megabytes per day". 6.3MB / 90 days = .07MB/day. Hyperbole.
At any rate, I'm sure the other professionals on this list are getting bored
with this nit picking, so I shant address this subject again.

v3.15.. hmm... its v3.21 that is current, right?  i suppose i should
return to my struggle with trying to install that myself on my $HOME
so i don't  have to bother the admins?

3.21 or 3.15.2, depending which branch you wish to track, yes.

s ur COMFIRMING that whatever they r running on the mail server
is definitely NOT WORKING then?

No. I'm confirming that v3.15 is at least one version number out of date with
the most recent release. That says nothing about how well the copy installed
on your system works.