is procmail working?

2001-07-28 21:35:48

did i post this before?

% procmail -v
procmail v3.15 2000/08/25
  [...clip...]
Locking strategies:     dotlocking, fcntl(), lockf()
Default rcfile:         $HOME/.procmailrc
Your system mailbox:    /var/spool/mail/kayve
%

it seems procmail is there. what is the significance of my system
mailbox being differnt from my $HOME ?  could that be why i can't
make anything to work?

it is possible that during the past few months of me struggling
half heartedly with procmali that it has been upgraded and/or moved.

see the deally with my sitch is this:  i may be the SOLE person
on this grand 60TERAbyte mail server who wants to be using procmail.
i think that is what the admin meant.  i want to improve my skillset
that is why i am adamantly clinging to the multimegabytes of spam
this mailing lists pounds on me day by day.

v3.15.. hmm... its v3.21 that is current, right?  i suppose i should
return to my struggle with trying to install that myself on my $HOME
so i don't  have to bother the admins?