Re: Procmail died...

2001-08-02 21:59:04
Well I know the PATH=`which procmail` works.  It's being used on another
machine that uses procmail and there aren't any problems.  Basically it
runs which procmail when it asks for where procmail is located.  (I was
doing a lot of shell scripting at the time, that's why I used that.)

[timh(_at_)yoda timh]$ echo "`which procmail`"
/usr/local/bin/procmail

So when it looks for procmail it will get that.  I know that's not the
problem, like I said I have it running like that at 6 different
locations and it works fine.  As well as it was set like that when I set
up that .procmailrc, when it was working.

And another reason why I know it's not filtering is that it's not
writing to the log.  It was working up to "Fri Jun 29 16:35:36 2001,"
since that's the last entry that procmail made to the log file.  Since
then, there have bee absolutely NO entries to the log.  And my
procmailrc hasn't even been touched since Jul 10th.

-rw-r--r--    1 timh     timh         2125 Jul 10 07:11 ../.procmailrc

I think that's when I copied in another .procmailrc from another machine
to test.

I don't think there's anyting in there that's wrong, or something that's
complaining.  If there would, it would tell me in the log by saying
there was an error, but it's not touching the log at all.

I didn't realize how much I loved procmail until it stopped working.

I even tried using a .forward, and to no avail.  On FreeBSD you
absolutely need it to use procmail, in Mandrake, they've bypassed it by
some sort of config in Postfix I believe.  So no .forward is needed, and
it's not used.  I tried to take my .forward from my FreeBSD machine:

[timh(_at_)yoda timh]$ cat .forward
"|exec /usr/local/bin/procmail || exit 75"

I of course changed the PATH to be correct, and nothing changed.  Thanx
for the help!
tdh

--
T. Holmes

Uptime:
   12:23am  up 1 day, 11:18,  5 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00