Re: Procmail died...

2001-08-03 02:35:50
Well here's what I have...

Aug  3 05:12:31 r2d2 procmail[2064]: Attempt to fake stamp by "timh"
Aug  3 05:12:31 r2d2 procmail[2064]: Suspicious rcfile
"/home/timh/.procmailrc"
Aug  3 05:12:52 r2d2 procmail[2089]: Suspicious rcfile
"/home/timh/.procmailrc"

Basically that's scattered through out /var/log/mail/errors.  And it
appears that it didn't start doing that until I updated procmail.

Running the other task you mentioned, I get this output.

[timh(_at_)r2d2 timh]$ procmail </dev/null
procmail: Suspicious rcfile "/home/timh/.procmailrc"
procmail: Couldn't read "/home/timh/.procmailrc"

However it doesn't seem to complain as the root user.

[root(_at_)r2d2 mail]# procmail </dev/null

But for another user on the box I do get a complaint.

[erice(_at_)r2d2 erice]$
procmail </dev/null
procmail: Suspicious rcfile "/home/erice/.procmailrc"
procmail: Couldn't read "/home/erice/.procmailrc"

But now that I look, the root user doesn't have a .procmailrc, so that
may be why it's not causing problems.  I moved the rc file and then ran
the command again, and nothing returned.

Looking at main.cf for Postfix, the only lines in there about procmail
are as follows.

[timh(_at_)r2d2 postfix]$ grep procmail *
main.cf:#mailbox_command = /some/where/procmail
main.cf:#mailbox_command = /some/where/procmail -a "$EXTENSION"
main.cf:mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail -o -a $DOMAIN -d $LOGNAME

The only one that's not commented out appears to be correct.

To answer another question, I used the .forward idea only AFTER I
couldn't get procmail to work.  It worked in once place I thought trying
it here would help me out. But it didn't.

Currently I have no .forward, and I've toyed with the idea of going to
Qmail on my FreeBSD box, I've not actually done it on our network.
tdh

--
T. Holmes

Uptime:
    5:13am  up 1 day, 16:07,  5 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00