Re: Outlook 2000 reports UID errors

2001-08-12 03:45:32
At 17:36 2001-08-12 +1200, Mike Drummond wrote:
The problem I have is MS Outlook 2000 (SR1) is reporting an error (but mail
is still processed OK). The MS error is "Your server has reported a UID
which does not comply with the IMAP standard....."

IMO, it is laughable that an MS program would be complaining about internet standards compliance.

Any directions towards a resolution would be appreciated

First: WTF is your procmail filter changing about the messages?

Second: if you have procmail in place, but simply not changing the messages (i.e. a null procmailrc), does this still occur?

Third: send yourself a test message, then resend it with procmail out of the loop, and view the message details to see how they differ.

NOTE: procmail isn't an IMAP client or server.