Re: Delivering a copy of a message to anothers INBOX

2001-08-18 16:04:04
Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+procmail(_at_)acadia(_dot_)ne(_dot_)mediaone(_dot_)net>
writes:
I am getting a weekly list message, with a predictable subject and the
same sender.  It is coming to my INBOX, but I would also like to pick
it out and deliver a duplicate to another users INBOX.  Should this be
done from /etc/procmailrc, or ~/.procmailrc?

If the message is coming to you, you should do it from your .procmailrc
file.  The /etc/procmailrc should in general only include recipes that
should be applied to every user's messages.

I am using Cyrus deliver to actually drop the message into the imap
INBOX, so I don't know if I can do it from ~/.procmailrc.

Just forward the message to them and let the MTA deal with it.  Don't try
to deliver directly to their INBOX.

Next, since I haven't picked up the finer points of recipe writing, I
really just don't know where to begin.

Read the procmailex(5) manpage.  You'll want a recipe that looks
something like:
              :0 c
              * ^Subject:.*whatever here
              ! theother(_at_)persons(_dot_)address(_dot_)here

Philip Guenther